DISCLAIMER: If you are not seeking information or images about safer sex, gay & bisexual men's health and other material that may not be suitable for all audiences, please exit this site.
Hey guys! "Red Door 18+" is a project of the HIM Program, serving gay & bi men under 25 in the Twin Cities area.
The HIM Program is a sexual health program for men who have sex with men. We offer a number of different services, including:
- HIV & syphilis testing
- Couples testing
- Sexual health counseling
- Online appointment scheduling
- Full STD testing through the Red Door (Hennepin County Public Health Clinic)
WHAT'S IN AN APPOINTMENT?
HIM staff are happy to provide sexual health counseling, and often answer questions like "when do the condoms come off?" and "are we past the 'window period' for accurate HIV testing?"
Appointments include rapid HIV testing (15 minute results), syphilis screening (simple blood draw), sexual health and risk reduction counseling, and referrals to community resources (chemical health, mental health, community building opportunities, etc.). You can also access Hepatitis A and B vaccinations and full STD screening through our clinic!
FAST FACTS FOR GUYS UNDER 25
Check out the following stats and facts about young gay & bi men's health right here in the Twin Cities:
- Since 2002, the number of HIV cases in young Minnesota gay & bi men have increased 171%
- Syphilis was up 40% in 2008, with 21% between ages 18 and 24
- Many young guys testing HIV-positive report taking off the condoms with a new boyfriend within the first couple of months of dating
- Many young guys testing HIV-positive report getting drunk and/or getting high, especially at the clubs
- Some of us are tops, some are bottoms (we ARE in Minnesota... land of ten thousand...), but many are versatile! Tops get HIV, bottoms get HIV, and vers guys do too.
- Using condoms for anal sex keeps sex hotter, and keeps sex safer
- Bottoms are beautiful, and get to make choices around condom use too! Be choosey. And if he doesn't like to put one on, put a bottom condom in!
For HIV & syphilis testing, set up an appointment online today!
For more information about safer sex and condom use, or to get safer sex supplies, set up an appointment with the HIM Program today!